to Eating Perfectly
by Alden Wicker
1. They said that fast food executives were turning fat profits by making us fat, so I stopped eating fast food.
2. They said that killing animals was wrong, so I became a vegetarian.
3. They said that fertilizer run-off from industrial farming is killing the Gulf of Mexico, the pesticides are killing honeybees, so I started only eating organic.
4. They said that shipped food is too carbon intensive and not as fresh, so I started eating only local, in-season food.
5. They said that it was wrong to punish a cow by milking it twice a day, or to steal a chicken’s eggs, so I became a vegan.
6. They said that the paleo diet would restore my body and make my teeth healthy, so I stopped eating anything cultivated.
7. They said that cooking food destroys its nutrients, so I starting eating only raw food.
8. They said that following a macrobiotic regimen would prevent cancer, so I followed it.
9. They said that I should follow a zero-waste diet, so I stopped buying anything with packaging.
10. Then, when I showed up at the farmers market in December with my reusable bag looking for local, certified-organic, vegan, unprocessed, uncooked, uncultivated, whole foods, without packaging, that would fit into my macrobiotic diet, I realized that the best thing for the planet, the animals, and my health would be to just stop eating altogether.
May 01, 2018 DietHobby: A Digital Scrapbook. 2000+ Blogs and 500+ Videos in DietHobby reflect my personal experience in weight-loss and maintenance. One-size-doesn't-fit-all, and I address many ways-of-eating whenever they become interesting or applicable to me.
Jan 01, 2018 DietHobby is my Personal Blog Website. DietHobby sells nothing; posts no advertisements; accepts no contributions. It does not recommend or endorse any specific diets, ways-of-eating, lifestyles, supplements, foods, products, activities, or memberships.
May 01, 2017 DietHobby is Mobile-Friendly. Technical changes! It is now easier to view DietHobby on iPhones and other mobile devices.